Use this checklist to make planning installation of your new solar system easier.
Prepare Your Home
Make your home energy efficient before solar installation to maximize investment.
• Complete a Home Energy Self-Evaluation through the Virtual Energy Assessment.
• You can also have a free professional evaluation completed upon request. Call us at 270-651-2191 to learn more.
Find a Contractor
• Request bids from at least 3 experienced contractors.
• Verify contractor licenses.
• Ask contractors for references and call them.
• Verify that the contractor has NABCEP (North American Board of Certified Energy Providers) certification. You can find that information here.
• Ensure all bids are prepared using the same assumptions as closely as possible so you can compare “apples to apples”. Assumptions to review include:
- System measurements
- Length of time to install
- What is included in the base package, versus an “adder”
• Before signing a contract, read it carefully and thoroughly. Ensure all costs are included and ask questions about anything you do not fully understand.
• Take your time. Don’t rush into a decision before fully evaluating your options.
Notify Farmers RECC
• Download an Interconnection Agreement here.