Farmers RECC Scholarship
Farmers RECC has established an annual scholarship program to assist in financing higher education for students whose families, or themselves, are cooperative members. The cooperative will give eight $1,000 scholarships annually as follows.
Three (3) Scholarships – Director District I (Barren & Edmonson Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District II (Hart, Grayson & Larue Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District III (Metcalfe, Green & Adair Counties)
One At-Large Scholarship
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the accredited college, university, technical college or trade school of the students’ choice.
Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
Farmers RECC scholarships were going to be awarded in a random drawing after the business meeting portion of the Farmers RECC Annual Meeting on July 8, 2021. If the 2021 Annual Meeting is postponed or cancelled, we will drawn for the scholarships at a later date.
Eligibility requirements and registration is available below.
- Student or students’ parent or guardian must be a member of Farmers RECC at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education, or pursuing a Master’s degree. Non-Traditional students are welcome as well.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
- The student must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) at the Annual Meeting. The parent or guardian must first register for the membership meeting and then accompany the applicant to the scholarship registration booth to register for the drawing. Non-traditional students, age 21 or older, and who are themselves members of the cooperative are not subject to this requirement.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment and Student ID number at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. Schedule, account balance at the university, etc.)
- Students and their parents must be present during the drawings.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are one-time only awards. Previous winners may not apply.
- Scholarship recipients must permit Farmers RECC to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
- The parent or guardian of the student, or the student themselves, must register for the membership meeting. At this point their address and membership will be validated.
- They will bring their membership ticket to the scholarship registration table close to the member registration table.
- They will complete the form and submit it in the receptacle noted for the district in which the student or their member parent resides. If students have parents who live in two districts and they divide their time equally between parents, they may only enter in one district. If they live primarily with one parent/guardian, the student must submit their form in the district where they spend the majority of their time.
- They will be escorted to reserve seating near the stage and exit for when they are called up onto stage.
- After the business meeting, scholarship eligible students will be asked to gather on stage while member prizes are announced.
- Seven students’ names will be drawn and they will be held on stage for pictures and asked to visit the scholarship registration table for follow-up procedures.
If you have any questions about the Farmers RECC Scholarship, please contact Caralyne Pennington at 270-651-2191 ext. 8305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following students were awarded Farmers RECC Scholarships in the fall of 2020.
|Aubree Turner||Braxton Davis||Grayson Martin||Hannah Huffaker|
|Sarah Hensley||Shawna Edwards||Tammy Hensley||Tristen Miles|