Farmers RECC has established an annual scholarship program to assist in financing higher education for students whose families, or themselves, are cooperative members. The cooperative will give eight $1,000 scholarships annually as follows.
Three (3) Scholarships – Director District I (Barren & Edmonson Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District II (Hart, Grayson & Larue Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District III (Metcalfe, Green & Adair Counties)
One At-Large Scholarship
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the accredited college, university, technical college or trade school of the students’ choice.
Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
Eligibility requirements are available below.
- Student or students’ parent or guardian must be a member of Farmers RECC at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education, or pursuing a Master’s degree. Non-Traditional students are welcome as well.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
- The student must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) at the Farmers RECC Annual Meeting. The parent or guardian must register for the membership meeting, and the student must register for the Farmers RECC Scholarship. Non-traditional students, age 21 or older, and who are themselves members of the cooperative must register for the business meeting and the scholarship drawing.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment and Student ID number at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. Schedule, account balance at the university, etc.)
- Students and their parents must be present during the drawings.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are one-time only awards. Previous winners may not apply.
- Scholarship recipients must permit Farmers RECC to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
If you have any questions about the Farmers RECC Scholarship, please contact Caralyne Pennington at 270-651-2191 ext. 8305 or email@example.com.
Farmers RECC awarded eight scholarships during the 2023 Annual Meeting.
The recipients are listed in no particular order.
- Jackson Houchens, son of Chris and Laura Houchens of Merry Oaks;
- Emma Smith, daughter of Nathan and Tara Smith of Cub Run;
- Jordan Wright, son of Chris and Michelle Wright of Munfordville;
- Ben Welsh, son of Michael and Angela Welsh of Metcalfe County;
- Tanner Eaton, son of Sheila and Chris Eaton of Barren County;
- Braelyn Davis; daughter of Jason and Allyson Davis of Edmonton;
- Madison High, daughter of Brad and Angie High of Park;
- Gracey Deckard, daughter of Kelly and Andrea Deckard of Barren County.