Farmers RECC has established an annual scholarship program to assist in financing higher education for students whose families, or themselves, are cooperative members. The cooperative will give eight $1,000 scholarships annually as follows.
Three (3) Scholarships – Director District I (Barren & Edmonson Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District II (Hart, Grayson & Larue Counties)
Two (2) Scholarships – Director District III (Metcalfe, Green & Adair Counties)
One At-Large Scholarship
Scholarships can be used for tuition, fees, campus housing, textbooks, and other supplies directly related to the recipient’s education.
Scholarships are paid to the accredited college, university, technical college or trade school of the students’ choice.
Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
Eligibility requirements are available below.
- Student or students’ parent or guardian must be a member of Farmers RECC at their principal place of residence.
- Student must be entering into their freshman year or higher of post-secondary education, or pursuing a Master’s degree. Non-Traditional students are welcome as well.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, religion, gender, disability or national origin.
- The student must be accompanied by their parent(s) or legal guardian(s) at the 2023 Farmers RECC Annual Meeting, being held on July 11, 2023 at the Cave City Convention Center. The parent or guardian must register for the membership meeting, and the student must register for the Farmers RECC Scholarship. Non-traditional students, age 21 or older, and who are themselves members of the cooperative must register for the business meeting and the scholarship drawing.
- Student must be able to show proof of full-time enrollment and Student ID number at an accredited college, university, technical college or trade school. (i.e. Schedule, account balance at the university, etc.)
- Students and their parents must be present during the drawings.
- Farmers RECC Scholarships are one-time only awards. Previous winners may not apply.
- Scholarship recipients must permit Farmers RECC to use their names, parents’ names, county of residence and photograph in the cooperative’s publications, including the local insert of the Kentucky Living magazine.
- The funds will be disbursed directly to the institution the student will be attending.
To pre-register for the 2023 Farmers RECC Scholarships to be drawing during the 2023 Annual Meeting, please complete the 2023 Scholarship Pre-Registration Form.
If you have any questions about the Farmers RECC Scholarship, please contact Caralyne Pennington at 270-651-2191 ext. 8305 or email@example.com.
The following individuals were recipients of a Farmers RECC scholarship at the 2022 Annual Meeting on July 7, 2022.
In no particular order:
- Bailee Garrett, daughter of Brian and Susan Garrett of Edmonton;
- Madison Davis, daughter of Jeremy and Crystle Davis of Hardyville;
- Ryan Rutledge, son of Terry and Tina Rutledge of Horse Cave;
- Justin Coop, son of Stephen and Julie Coop of Summer Shade;
- EmaKate Atkinson, daughter of Derek and Katherine Atkinson of Glasgow;
- Ryan Shirley, son of Jarrod and Kelli Shirley of Glasgow;
- Kenzie Bonner, daughter of Barry and Sherry Bonner of Glasgow;
- Chelsea Rich, daughter of Amy and Joey Judd and Thomas Rich of Savoyard.