Farmers Rural Electric Cooperative Corporation recognizes that our members have and deserve a reasonable expectation of privacy and confidentiality regarding member information and records the Cooperative collects and maintains. The Cooperative will treat this information as confidential and recognizes the importance of safeguarding it from unauthorized access. Member information shared for bona fide reasons will be limited to the minimum extent necessary to accomplish the intended task. The member information and records collected and maintained by the Cooperative will not be disclosed to anyone other than the following:
- The cooperative member or joint account holder, or a person or organization who is seeking information as a legally authorized agent of the cooperative member;
- An affiliate, employee, director, officer, agent or contractor of the Cooperative engaged to assist it in carrying out any and all business related activities;
- Government regulators and other government agencies when authorized and required by law;
- Law enforcement agencies and other third parties when required by law;
- A public authority or agent of a public authority if it appears there is imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimized by disclosure of the information.